Friday, November 13, 2015

It’s Fun To Be Freddy!

 

Rain. The last few weeks in Southern Oregon and Northern California have been mainly wet. Take a gander at my awning pole outside the trailer.

F024

Yeah.

But don’t feel left out, Southern California. I will be in your neck of the woods shortly. Expect a wet time from Thanksgiving through Christmas.

I don’t have any new campgrounds to report on (and won’t until next year) so I will let Freddy try his hand, err, paw at another blog. He seemed to enjoy writing the last one but I will keep an eye on him.

So without further ado..

Hi everybody! It’s me, Freddy! Woof!

The sky has been wet for many sleeps. I like it. It makes my fur twisty.

F025

I have heard other humans say I look like a Portuguese Water Dog. What is that? Must be a Good Dog because I am a Good Dog. Mostly.

F026

A few sleeps ago I turned 1/2 years old. (October 23 – Greg) We went to some flat water to celebrate.

F027

My human Greg kept throwing sticks in the water and saying “fetch” to me. I think he wants me to bring them back. I tried.

F028

F029

But the flat water was deep.

F030

I don’t like it when my paws can’t feel ground.

I did fetch a leaf!

F031

F032

Then I saw a stick that was not deep. I ran to it and played for a little bit.

F033

Then we left.

F034

Greg kept laughing at me and calling me a Portuguese Water Dog. That must mean Good Boy. I am a Good Boy. Mostly. I waited for him to stop.

F035

After a few sleeps we went to a place with fast water.

F044

F045

F037

There were lots of holes already made. I love holes! Sometimes I dig my own and find a nice rock to nibble on.

F036

I ran around looking for fun things.

F038

F041

F047

I found a big stick.

F048

And a small stick.

F050

But there was a certain smell I kept searching for…

F051

Finally found it!

F052

Greg called it a sock. It tried to get away but I captured it.

F054

F055

F053

I took the sock back to my chair and had a nap.

F056

I will keep my sock forever!

F057

(Freddy forgot his sock when we left – Greg)

After a few sleeps Greg said we were going back to the sandy place. I like the sandy place! Lots of neat smells and big water! I will show Greg that I am a Good Boy and will go swimming for him.

F058

Maybe not this time.

F059

We found a spot where the water wasn’t as big.

F067

So I played. It is fun being Freddy!

F068

F070

F071

F072

Then I dug a hole.

F074

Didn’t find anything, but I noticed something farther away on the sandy place. I ran over to it.

F077

It was a big soft stick!

F080

So I gave it a nibble.

F079

F078

Didn’t taste good. I found a new trail back to our campsite.

F082

F083

There were lots of steps. I like steps!

F084

F085

Greg, not so much. Goodbye sandy place!

F088

F089

Once, after a sleep, we looked out the trailer window and saw some big cats (deer – Greg) sniffing around. I wanted to go chase them, but the sky was wet and Greg said no.

F106

They kept getting closer.

F107

F108

One of them grabbed a shiny bag and ran away. Greg said the poo word and ran outside to find his flat food gone. Called them tortillas. Called the big cats a really bad word.

I was put on guard dog duty.

F109

I kept the big cats away! I am a Good Dog! (once again, they were deer – Greg)

F111

F113

Then I took a nap, and then I played in the wet leaves.

F114

F105

Greg just shook his head at me for some reason. I don’t mean to get dirty, it’s just my nature.

After some sleeps we went back to some flat water. And some mud. I love mud! It feels cool and squishy on my paws.

F116

And lots of fun chewies to find!

F115

F118

F119

Yep, I love mud!

And I think I like flat water the best. Lots of good smells around the edges and fun trails to explore.

F122

F121

Big water and fast water can be scary. I promised my human Greg that the next time we go to some flat water I will definitely go swimming.

F120

F123

I said the next time.

Yip Yip!

Freddy

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog last week, great job on the campground reviews along with the pictures of the best sites. Fast forward, love the pictures of the new pup. Do you have a Instagram account ? Again, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Woody, as always love seeing what you and Freddy are up to. Great Photos and you may want to let Freddy take over more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freddy has a good life, better then the previous Freddy!

    ReplyDelete