Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On The Road Again…

 

Just can’t wait to get on the road again. So I am. The Fearless Photographer is on another Road Trip!

Trip

I will be heading out on a 2+ month journey starting October 23 to visit the best State Parks that the South East portion of our country has to offer. On the way East, I will be following Route 50, which originally was part of the Santa Fe Trail. Stopping near Pittsburgh and Raleigh to visit friends, I will be hitting the East Coast at Carolina Beach State Park in North Carolina.

Below are the planned stops on the way to Raleigh, NC.

Home-to-Raleigh

A - Home

B - Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, UT

C - Curecanti National Recreation Area, CO

D - Scott State Park, KS

E - Knob Noster State Park, MO

F - Red Hills State Park, IL

G – Painted Creek State Park, OH

Wait, I am not going to list all the campgrounds I will be visiting. It would take forever. See if you can figure it out from these maps:

Raleigh-to-Fort-Clinch

Fort-Clinch-to-Bahia-Honda

Bahia-Honda-to-Blackriver

Leaving Florida, I have 2 different routes depending on the weather. The first follows I20, the second follows the coast down to Corpus Christi:

Northern-Route-Home

Southern-Route-Home

So there you have it. The blogs should start next week and continue every few days till the end of the year.

It should be interesting…stay tuned!

Regards,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment